Personnel Delegation #8
JUN 29, 1989
Delegation of Authority to Approve the Establishment of an Official Consultation Relationship With an Association of Supervisors and Managers
|TO:||PHS Agency Heads|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Assistant Secretary for Health in HHS Personnel Instruction 251-1, and the July 11, 1988 Delegation of Personnel Administration and Personnel Management Authorities from the Assistant Secretary for Health to the Director, Office of Management, PHS, I hereby delegate to the PHS Agency Heads, for their respective agencies, the authority to:
- Determine that an association meets the criteria to establish an official relationship as outlined in HHS Personnel Instruction 251-1, and the July 11,1988 Intramanagement Communication and Consultation; and
- Approve the establishment of an official consultative relationship between an association of supervisors and managers and executive management.
Redelegation and Restrictions
- The authority to approve the establishment of an official relationship with an association of supervisors and management officials from more than one PHS agency is retained by the Director, Office of Management, PHS.
- The authority delegated in 1.a. and b. above may not be redelegated.
Information and Guidance
Requirements and Instructions for exercising this authority are contained in FPM Chapter 251 and KHS Personnel Instruction 251-1.
This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
Wilford J. Forbush
Back To Top | Previous Page