Personnel Delegation #10
Office of Human Resources
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Detail Personnel|
Authority Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations (DHO), by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on July 18,1994, I hereby delegate to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources, for IHS, the authorities to approve details for civil service personnel in increments of 120 days or less subject to statutory and other requirements within IHS, pursuant to Section 3341 of Title 5, United States Code and to detail civil service personnel to and from other federal organizations.
- Effective September 29, 1993, the Assistant Secretary for Personnel Administration (ASPER) authorized Regional Directors to approve details of personnel under their appointing authority among components of Operating Divisions and units of the Office of the Secretary within the same region for 30 days or more but not to exceed 120 days. Such details must have the written concurrence of the principal regional representatives of both components.
- Effective September 29, 1993, ASPER authorized the Public Health Service supervisors to approve details of 30 days or less:
- For employees under their supervision to positions within the Department, whether within or outside the organization in which the employee is working;
- For employees under their supervision to another Federal department or agency except for details to the Executive Office of the President, to interagency task forces, and to the Legislative and Judicial branches; and
- For employees from another Federal Department or agency, except for details from the Executive Office of the President, and the Legislative and Judicial branches, to positions under their supervision.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The ASPER retains the authority to approve all details to or from the Executive Office of the President, to interagency task forces, and to or from the Legislative and Judicial branches, except that the Secretary must approve all details to the Congress.
- The Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH) retains the authority to approve details to or from other Executive Branch components over 30 days but not to exceed 180 days. Such details may be approved only when they have a direct programmatic relationship to the Department's mission. Extensions of interagency details may be approved by ASH in accordance with applicable decisions of the Comptroller General.
- The authority delegated in paragraph 1 above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
- The authority in paragraph 3. above may not be used to extend a previously approved detail.
- Provision for detailing Senior Executive Service and equivalent employees are not covered by this delegation.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in Health and Human Services Personnel Instruction 300-3.
- This delegation of authority supersedes the delegation of authority memorandum from the DHO to the Associate Director, OHR, dated July 18, 1994, Subject: Delegation of Authority to Detail Personnel. To the extent that previous redelegations of the authority to detail personnel made to other officials within IHS are consistent with the provisions of this delegation they may remain in effect until new redelegations are made under the authority of this delegation.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Luana L. Reyes
Luana L. Reyes
Back To Top | Previous Page