Personnel Delegation #10
All Associate Directors
Acting Associate Director
Office of Human Resources
|Delegation of Authority to Detail Personnel
Authority Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources, Indian Health Service (IHS), by the Director of Headquarters Operations on September 27, 1994, I hereby delegate to the Associate Directors for their Offices, the authority to approve details for civil service personnel in increments of 120 days or less subject to statutory and other requirements within IHS, pursuant to Section 3341 of Title 5, U.S.C., and to detail civil service personnel to and from other Federal organizations.
- Effective September 29,1993, ASPER authorized the Public Health Service supervisors to approve details of 30 days or less:
- For employees under their supervision to positions within the Department, whether within or outside the organization in which the employee is working.
- For employees under their supervision to another Federal department or agency except for details to the Executive Office of the President, to interagency task forces, and to the Legislative and Judicial branches.
- For employees from another Federal department or agency, except for details from the Executive Office of the President, and the Legislative and Judicial branches, to positions under their supervision.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The ASPER retains the authority to approve all details to or from the Executive Office of the President, to interagency task forces, and to or from the Legislative and Judicial branches, except that the Secretary must approve all details to the Congress.
- The Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH) retains the authority to approve details to or from other Executive Branch components over 30 days but not to exceed 180 days. Such details may be approved only when they have a direct programmatic relationship to the Department's mission. Extensions of interagency details may be approved by ASH in accordance with applicable decisions of the Comptroller General.
- The authority delegated in paragraph 1. above may not be further redelegated.
- The authority in paragraph 2. above may not be used to extend a previously approved detail
- Provision for detailing Senior Executives and equivalent employees are not covered by this delegation.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in Health and Human Services Personnel Instruction 300-3
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
/Robert G. McSwain/
Robert G. McSwain
Robert G. McSwain
Back To Top | Previous Page