Personnel Delegation #13
DEC 7 1992
Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority for Flexitime and Alternative Work Schedules|
AUTHORITY DELEGATED AND TO WHOM
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Management Operations, Public Health Service, on December 13, 1991, I hereby delegate to the Director of Headquarters Operations for personnel within the IHS, the authority to:
- approve, modify, or terminate flexitime schedules authorized under 5. United States Code 6101 and as described in Appendix C, Book 610, Federal Personnel Manual Supplement. 990-2;
- approve, modify, or terminate alternative work schedules (AWS) authorized under Public Law 97-221; and
- recommend to the General Services Administration (GSA) schedules of hours of work for offices in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, when a proposed flexitime or AWS requires GSA approval.
REDELEGATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- The earnings and use of credit hours by members of the Senior Esecutive Service (SES) is prohibited. The SES members may participate in AWS but may not participate in a compressed schedule, such as 5-4-9 schedule, unless the entire work unit closes on the same day(s) each period.
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1.a. and 1.b. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
- The authority delegated in 1.c. above may not be redelegated.
- All redelegations of this authority must be in writing and in accordance with Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Instruction 250-3, Delegation of Personnel and Equal Employment Opportunity Authority and Headquarters/Regional Office Relationships.
INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE
Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in HHS Personnel Manual Instruction 610-4.
This delegation supersedes the delegation contained in the Indian Health Manual Part 1, Chapter 5, Delegations of Authority, Exhibit 1-5.2F-2, Subject: Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules, Flexitime, and Alternative Work Schedules, TN 86.15, dated September 22, 1986.
This delegation is effective upon date of signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken by my subordinates, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authority delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
Everett R. Rhoades, M.D.
Assistant Surgeon General
Back To Top | Previous Page