Personnel Delegation #13
DEC 7, 1992
Associate Director, Office of Human Resources
Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority for Flexitime and Alternative Work Schedules|
AUTHORITY DELEGATED AND TO WHOM
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations on DEC 7 1992 I hereby delegate to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources (OHR), for personnel within IHS Headquarters, the authority to:
- approve, modify, or terminate flexitime schedules authorized under 5. United States Code 6101 and as described in Appendix C, Book 610, Federal Personnel Manual Supplement 990-2; and
- approve, modify, or terminate alternative work schedules (AWS) authorized under Public Law 97-221.
REDELEGATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- The earnings and use of credit hours by members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) is prohibited. The SES members may participate in AWS but may not participate in a compressed schedule, such as 5-4-9 schedule, unless the entire work unit closes on the same day(s) each period.
- The authority delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
- All redelegations of this authority must be in writing and in accordance with Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Instruction 250-3, Delegation of Personnel and Equal Employment Opportunity Authority and Headquarters/Regional Office Relationships.
INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE
Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in HHS Personnel Manual Instruction 610-4.
This delegation supersedes the delegation contained in the Indian Health Manual Part 1, Chapter 5, Delegations of Authority, Exhibit l-5.2F-2, Subject: Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules, Flexitime, and Alternative Work Schedules, TN 86.15, dated September 22, 1986.
This delegation is effective upon date of signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken by my subordinates, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authority delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
Robert A. Marsland
Assistant Surgeon General
Back To Top | Previous Page