Personnel Delegation #26
Division of Personnel Management
Acting Associate Director
Office of Human Resources
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority for Physicians Comparability Allowance|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources by the Director of Headquarters Operations on November 21, 1994, I hereby delegate to the Director, Division of Personnel Management, Office of Human Resources (OHR), to be exercised for IHS Headquarters, the authorities shown below:
- to certify that a physician is required in a position relative to the payment of Physicians Comparability Allowance (PCA); and
- to approve and issue PCA agreements (form PHS-6106) and determine actual allowances to be paid to physicians.
Redelegation and Restrictions
- The DASHMO retains the authority to determine the conditions under which repayment of PCA may be waived when an employee terminates a PCA service agreement with PHS, and to approve requests for such waivers.
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and Instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in Health and Human Services Personnel Instruction 595-1, and PHS Personnel Circular 595-1.