Personnel Delegation #26
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority for Physicians Comparability Allowance|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on NOV 21 1994, I hereby delegate to the Area Directors, to be exercised for their Areas, the authorities shown below:
- to certify that a physician is required in a position relative to the payment of Physicians Comparability Allowance (PCA); and
- to approve and issue PCA agreements (form PHS-6196) and determine actual allowances to be paid to physiolans.
Redelegation and Restrictions
- The BASHMO retains the authority to determine the conditions under which repayment of PCA may be waived when an employee terminates a PCA service agreement with PHS, and to approve requests for such waivers.
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and Instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in Health and Human Services Personnel Instruction 595-1, and PHS Personnel Circular 595-l.