Personnel Delegation #30
APR 7 1995
Office of Human Resources
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Personnel Administration Authorities|
Authority Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on ARL 7 1995, I hereby delegate to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources, the personnel administration authorities listed below for IHS employees in the IHS Area Offices and Service Units. These authorities were previously delegated to the Regional Directors in Regions VI, VIII, IX and X.
This delegation includes the following authorities:
- Appointments above the minimum rate
- Approve, disapprove, and/or extend special purpose I ntergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) Assignments of IHS employees grades 15 and below or equivalent to Indian tribes or tribal organizations under both of the following conditions:
- A takeover contract between IHS and an Indian tribe or tribal organization as authorized by Public Law (P.L.) 93-638 provides for such IPA assignments
- The assignee is an incumbent of a position in a contracted function at the time of its takeover or is a substitute for such an incumbent as authorized by P.L. 100-472
- Oaths of Office
- Determine when Term Appointments are appropriate
- Authorizing and acquiring training
- Waiver of the employment agreement that requires the employee to remain in Government service for a period of 1 year from their date of appointment or transfer when the reason for early separation is one that is beyond the control of the employee. This covers payment for travel and transportation expenses (1) to the first duty station; (2) to overseas duty stations; or (3) incidental to a permanent change of station.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above must be redelegated to the Director, Division of Personnel Management, IHS, with further redelegation authorized to the IHS Area Office and Service Unit personnel officials.
- The authority delegated in paragraph 1b above requires prior concurrence by the Director, Division of Personnel Management, IHS, for supervisory personnel positions at GS-12 and above.
- To the extent that previous redelegations of these authorities to IHS officials are consistent with the provisions of this delegation, they may remain in effect.
Information and Guidance
Information and requirements for exercising these authorities are contained in various laws, regulations, and Health and Human Services and PHS Personnel Instructions associated with the subject areas.
- This delegation is effective April 1, 1995.
Back To Top | Previous Page