Personnel Delegation #40
Date: NOV 22 1991
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Management Operations
Delegation of Authority for Travel and Transportation to Overseas Duty Stations
|To:||PHS Agency Heads|
Authorities Delegated and to Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated by the Assistant Secretary for Personnel Administration (ASPER) to the Assistant Secretary for Health on August 7, 1991, and the January 14, 1991, Delegation of Personnel Administration and Personnel Management Authorities, from the Acting Assistant Secretary for Health to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Management Operations, PHS, I hereby delegate to the PHS Agency Heads, for employees under their respective appointing authorities, the authority to:
- Approve payment of travel and transportation expenses to and from overseas duty stations;
- Waive the legal requirement that an individual remain in the Federal service for at least one year from the date of appointment or transfer to an overseas duty station when the reason for early separation is beyond the control of the employee; and
- Approve the payment of return to residence when an employee completes one year but does not complete the tour of duty.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- This delegation does not include the authority to waive a written employment agreement primarily for the convenience or benefit of an employee.
- The authority delegated in paragraph la. may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized. The authority delegated in paragraphs lb. and c. may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized to the PHS agency personnel officers for positions within their respective appointing authorities.
- All redelegations of this authority must be in writing and in accordance with HHS Instruction 250-3, Delegation of Personnel and EEO Authority Headquarters Regional Office Relationships.
Information and Guidance
- Requirements and instructions for exercising this authority are contained in HHS Personnel Instruction 301-1.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature.
Anthony L. Itteilag
Anthony L. Itteilag
Back To Top | Previous Page