Personnel Delegation #46
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority, Personnel #46, "Authority to Approve Physician and Dentists Pay"|
Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS) by the Deputy Assistant Secretary Human Resources, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on October 1, 2003; Title 38, United States Code (U.S.C.) Sections 7431- 7433 Title 5, U.S.C. Section 5371; the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the HHS delegated agreement effective July 1, 2014, and memorandum dated April 6, 2015, from the Assistant Secretary for Administration/HHS, I hereby delegate the following authorities:
- Approve individual physician and dentist pay (PDP), not to exceed prescribed pay in Title 38, pay table maximums, except as stated below in the restrictions and limitations section.
- Approve PDP for physicians and dentists who are fulfilling a service obligation related to a Federal medical scholarship program or to a loan repayment program.
TO WHOM DELEGATED
Deputy Director for Management Operations
Deputy Director for Field Operations
AUTHORITY TO REDELEGATE
Authority #1 above may be redelegated to the Chief Executive Officers without further redelegation.
Authority #2 above may not be redelegated.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- The Director, IHS, retains the authority to approve exceptions to the maximum annual pay range for all Title 38 pay tables.
- The Secretary, HHS, retains the authority to:
- Establish Title 38 PDP regulations and procedures.
- Approve requests for PDP when the proposed total compensation would exceed $275,000.00.
This delegation supersedes the previous delegation of authority located in the Indian Health Manual, Personnel Delegation #46, dated July 19, 2006.
This delegation is effective on the date of signature.
Robert G. McSwain