Personnel Delegation #48
JUL 24, 1995
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), on JUL 24 1995, I hereby delegate to the Area Directors, for employees in their Areas, the authority to:
- Establish or change the working hours for full-time employees
- Make exceptions to the basic workweek of five consecutive 8-hour days Monday through Friday for full-time employees in the organization in order to establish work schedules to begin on any day of the week, or to establish the first 40 hours of duty performed within a period of not more than 6 days in the administrative workweek of Sunday through Saturday as the basic workweek.
- Establish work schedules for part-time employees.
- Make an exception, on an individual case basis, to the established work schedules of full-time employees for educational purposes or under other circumstances when such exception is considered to be warranted.
- To establish for pay purposes a regularly scheduled administrative workweek other than Sunday through Saturday.
- Make assignments to tours of duty when shift or rotational tours,are required.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
Information and Restrictions
- Requirements and instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in 5 U.S.C. Chapter 61 and 5 CFR Part 610
- This delegation supersedes the delegation of authority contained in the Indian Health Manual Part 1, Chapter 5 Delegations of Authority, Exhibit l-5.2F-2, Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules, dated September 12, 1986.
- This delegation is effective upon date of Signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken by my subordinates, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authority, delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Back To Top | Previous Page