Personnel Delegation #48
JUL 24 1995
Office of Human Resources
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service(IHS), on JUL 24 1995, I hereby delegate to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources, for employees within Headquarters, the authority to:
- Establish or change the working hours for full-time employees.
- Make exceptions to the basic workweek of five consecutive 8-hour days Monday through Friday for full-time employees in the organization in order to establish work schedules to begin on any day of the week, or to establish the first 40 hours of duty performed within a period of not more than 6 days in the administrative.vorkweek of Sunday through Saturday as the basic workweek.
- Establish work schedules for part-time employees.
- Make an exception, on an individual case basis, to the established work schedules of full-time employees for educational purposes or under other circumstances when such exception is considered to be warranted.
- To establish for pay purposes a regularly scheduled administrative workweek other than Sunday through Saturday.
- Make assignments to tours of duty when shift or rotational tours are required.
Redelgations and Restrictions
- The authorities delegated in paragraph 1. above may be redelegated with further redelegation authorized.
- Requirements and instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in 5 U.S.C. Chapter 61 and 5 CFR Part 610.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authority delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Back To Top | Previous Page