Personnel Delegation #48
AUG 8, 1995
Acting Associate Director
Office of Human Resources
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority to Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Associate Director, Office of Human Resources, Indian Health Service (IHS), by the Acting Director of Headquarters Operations on JUL 24 1995, I hereby delegate to the Associate Directors listed below, for employees within their respective Offices, the authority to:
- Establish or change the working hours for full-time employees.
- Make exceptions to the basic workweek of five consecutive 8-hour days Monday through Friday for full-time employees in the organization in order to establish work schedules to begin on any day of the week, or to establish the first 40 hours of duty performed within a period of not more than 6 days in the administrative workweek of Sunday through Saturday as the basic workweek.
- Establish work schedules for part-time employees.
- Make an exception, on an individual case basis, to the established work schedules of full-time employees for educational purposes or under other circumstances when such exception is considered to be warranted.
- To establish for pay purposes a regularly scheduled administrative workweek other than Sunday through Saturday.
- Make assignments to tours of duty when shift or rotational tours are required.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- The authorities delegated in paragraph,l. above may be further redelegated.
- Requirements and instructions for exercising these authorities are contained in 5 U.S.C. Chapter 61 and 5 CFR Part 610.
- This delegation supersedes the delegation of authority contained in the Indian Health Manual, Part 1, Chapter 5, Delegations of Authority, Exhibit l-5.2F-2, Establish Workweeks and Work Schedules, dated September 12, 1986.
- This delegation is effective. upon date of signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authority delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
Robert G. McSwain
Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management
Associate Director, Office of Tribal Activities
Associate Director , Office of Information Resources Management
Associate Director, Office of Health Programs
Associate Director, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Legislation
Associate Director, office of Health Program Research and Development
Associate Director Office of Environmental Health and Engineering
Back To Top | Previous Page