Program Delegation #16
Director Alaska Area
Acting Director of Headquarters Operations
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority for the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, Public Law 93-638, As Amended|
Authority Delegated and To Whom
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director of Headquarters Operations by the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS) on March 14, 1996, I hereby delegate to the Director, Alaska Area IHS, for application within the Alaska Area, all of the authorities of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, Public Law (P.L.) 93-638, as amended, including:
- The authority to award contracts, and subsequent modifications to contracts, pursuant to Title I of P.L. 93-638, as amended.
- The authority to issue Annual Funding Agreements (AFA) for Compacts awarded pursuant to Title III of P.L. 93-638, as amended.
- The authority to sign amendments to Compacts awarded pursuant to Title III of P.L. 93-638, as amended.
Redelegations and Restrictions
- Contracts awarded pursuant to Title I of P.L. 93-638, as amended, may only be awarded and administered by a Contracting Officer appointed in accordance with the Federal and Department acquisition regulations.
- The Director retains the authority to sign all initial Compact and initial AFA documents for awards made pursuant to Title III of P.L. 93-638, as amended.
- Annual Funding Agreements (AFA) for Compacts awarded pursuant to Title III, Section 303, of P.L. 93-638, as amended, may only be executed by issuance of a Notice of Grant Award that is signed by a duly appointed Compacts Officer. In the absence of an appointed Compacts Officer, AFAs negotiated by the Alaska Area must be submitted to the Chief Grants Management Officer, Office of Administration and Management, for clearance processing and signature by the Director.
- This authority does not include the authority to promulgate regulations under Section 107 of the Act, and the authority to submit reports to Congress, establish advisory committees or national commissions, and appoint members to such committees or commissions.
- This delegation supersedes the delegation of authority to the Director, Alaska Area contained in the Indian Health Manual, Part 1, Chapter 5, Delegations of Authority, Subject: Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, Title I, Exhibit 1-5.1J, dated November 23, 1988. Previous redelegations of authority made to officials within the Alaska Area IHS may continue in effect to the extent that they are consistent with this delegation and until they are superseded or canceled by appropriate authority.
- This delegation is effective upon date of signature. In addition, I hereby affirm and ratify any actions taken by the Director, Alaska Area, which, in effect, involved the exercise of the authorities delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.
/Luana L. Reyes/
Luana L. Reyes
Luana L. Reyes
Back To Top | Previous Page