Program Delegation #13
|TO:||Chief Grants Management Officer|
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority, Program#13, "Grant Authority"|
Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Director, Indian Health Service (IHS), by statutes as specified below, I hereby delegate to the officials listed below, the authorities to make grants, as authorized by the following laws, with restrictions as noted below:
- Public Health Service Act, Title III, General Powers and Duties of Public Health Service Delegated to the Director, IHS, by the Acting Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration, on May 1, 1986, as continued in the Reorganization Order, effective January 4, 1988 (52 Federal Register 47053, December 11, 1987).
- Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, Public Law 93-638, as amended Delegated to the Director, IHS by the Assistant Secretary for Health, on July 17, 1996.
- Indian Health Care Improvement Act, Public Law 94-437, as amended Delegated to the Director, IHS, by the Acting Administrator, Health Services Administration, on July 25, 1977, as continued in the Reorganization Order, effective January 4, 1988 (52 FR 47053, December 11, 1987).
The authorities above are to be exercised for the purpose of carrying out nationally administered grant programs.
TO WHOM DELEGATED
Chief Grants Management Officer (CGMO), Office of Management Services
AUTHORITY TO REDELEGATE
These authorities may be redelegated by the CGMO, subject to restrictions listed below.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- For the purpose of this grant authority, the Director, Division of Grants Management, Office of Management Services is designated as the Chief Grants Management Officer (CGMO) with fiduciary responsibility and legal authority to enter into binding grant agreements. Additionally, the CGMO serves as the Technical Manager responsible for review and determination of appropriateness of requests for further delegation of grants authority and for oversight of grants officials to whom a further delegation may be made by the CGMO.
- Responsibilities as specified in the Grants Policy Administration Manual (GPAM)," Part A, Chapter 2 – Responsibilities in Grants Administration" shall be adhered to.
- These authorities shall be exercised in accordance with legislative, regulatory, policy, and procedural provisions, including those under the Department of Health and Human Services GPAM, and IHS, Awarding Agency Grants Administration Manual.
This delegation supersedes the previous delegation of authority located in the Indian Health Manual, Program Delegation #13, "Delegation of Grant Authority," dated November 27, 2006, and March 23, 2007.
This delegation is effective upon the date of signature.
Assistant Surgeon General, U.S. Public Health Service
Indian Health Service