IHS Area Delegation of Authority Format
IHS Exhibit 8-101-H
General Administration Manual
IHS Transmittal 92.1
(Title(s) of Delegatee(s))
(Title of Delegating Official)
|SUBJECT:||Delegation of Authority (Add the citation of the enabling document or statute and general subject of the delegation exactly as it is in the memorandum from the Director of Headquarters Operations)|
AUTHORITY DELEGATED AND TO WHOM
Write the first paragraph of the delegation as follows:
- Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Area Director by the Director of Headquarters Operations on (insert date),
- I hereby delegate to the (insert who the authority is going to and what their area of authority is) example: Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management, for the Oklahoma City Area IHS
- Cite the authority being delegated exactly like it is in the delegation from Headquarters.
AUTHORITY TO REDELEGATE
This section usually takes one of the three forms listed below:
- This authority may be redelegated.
- This authority may not be redelegated.
- This authority may only be redelegated to (insert the position you are restricting the redelegation to).
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Identify any restrictions and indicate to whom they apply. Restrictions may limit the authority being redelegated or portions of it, or may limit the official(s) to whom it can be redelegated.
INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE Specify sources of reference needed for exercising the authority, if any, in addition to the enabling document or statute cited above.
Specify the delegation(s) that this delegation amends, supersedes, or cancels. Give date(s) and title(s) of delegation(s) being amended, superseded, or cancelled. Provide for the continuation of any existing redelegations of this authority that are consistent with the new authority to allow time for updating. For example:
This delegation supersedes the delegation contained in the Indian Health Manual, Part 1, Chapter 5, Subject:_________________ , dated:_________ , Transmittal Notice___________________ .
If there is no supersession state "None."
State the date the delegation becomes effective. (Usually it is the date of signature.)
Area Director's Signature
Any subsequent redelegations should follow the format listed above and the first paragraph should look something like this:
Pursuant to the authority delegated to the Associate Director, Office of Administration and Management, by the Area Director on (insert date), I hereby delegate to the (insert who you're giving the authority to and their area of authority).
Back To Top | Previous Page