Part 5, Chapter 19: Manual Exhibit 5-19.7A
Grants Program Announcement Plan
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Public Health Service
Indian Health Service|
Rockville MD 20852
April 3, 1995
See Addressees Below
Division of Acquisition and Grants Operations
Grants Program Announcement Plan -- ACTION
In September 1992, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management and Budget (OASMB) instituted a requirement for a Grant Program Announcement Plan (see attached format and instructions). The plan is to be updated annually with the Fiscal Year 1996 plans due to the Public Health Service on April 24, 1995.
If you anticipate announcing a competitive grants program for next fiscal year (1996), please fill in the information requested and fax your completed plan to the Grants Management Branch (GMB) by COB April 20, 1995. Our fax number is (301) 443-9602.
The GMB will continue to assist program offices with the development of new announcements as well as to provide the necessary GMB clearance of all program announcements for Indian Health Service programs. Please contact me when you know that funding will be available so that we can begin advance planning and work on the announcement. Program offices are responsible for coordinating directly with Ms. Betty Penn, Chief, Regulations Branch, Office of Planning, Evaluation, & Legislation, for IHS clearance of the draft document and for final publication of the announcement in the Federal Resister.
If you have any questions, please contact me on (301) 443-5204.
/S/ M. Kay Carpentier
Grants Management Officer
All Associate Directors
Director, IHS Headquarters West
Director, Diabetes Program, HQ West
Director, Division of Community Services, OTA
Director, Division of Clinical and Preventive Services, OHP
Director, Division of Environmental Health, OEHE
Director, Division of Facilities Planning & Construction. OEHE
Director, Division of Medical Systems Research & Development, HQ West
Director, Division of Nursing, OHP
Director, Division of Health Professions Recruitment & Training, OHR
Chief, Mental Health Programs Branch, HQ West
Chief, Alcohol & Substance Abuse Program, HQ West
Chief, Scholarship Branch, OHR
Chief, Health Manpower Support Branch, OHR
Chief, Special Initiatives Branch, OHP
Maternal and Child Health Staff, OHP
Chief, Regulations Branch, OPEL
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THE
HHS GRANT PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT PLAN (Rev. 3/93)
HHS Grant Program Announcement Plan: Agency information
This form serves as a cover page to the entire package which is submitted to the Division of Grants Policy and Oversignt (DGPO). It is to be filled out by the OPDIV/STAFFDIV Grants Officer and duly signed. In addition, a comments section is available for noting any issues that should be brought to the attention of ASMB.
HHS Grant Program Announcement Plan: Program Information
This form is used to report data on all discretionary grant program announcements that are planned for funding during the current reporting period. For each grant program, the following information is required:
- Program Title and CFDA# - Full name of grant program and its associated Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number (i.e., 93-xxx). If the CFDA number is not yet known, simply denote "Pending" after the program's title.
- Program Type.
- New Award? - Indicate whether the announcement is for a newly authorized program in its initial award year. Appropriate responses are "Yes" or "No".
- Standing Announcement? - Indicate whether the program qualifies as a standing program announcement (e.g., published once in the Federal Register and updated only if the information changes, or has a repeating competition cycle performed two or more times a year). Appropriate responses are "Yes" or "No".
- Secretary's Priority? - Indicate whether the program has been designated as a priority by the HHS Secretary. Appropriate responses are "Yes" or "No".
- Estimates for Reporting Period -
- Total Dollars - The total amount of funding designated for the grant program. Data should be reported in full dollars (i.e., $1,000,000 not $1.0). Also, if multiple award dates are planned, this figure must be disaggregated accordingly.
- Number of Awards - The total number of awards planned for the grant program. Also, if multiple award dates are planned, this number must be disaggregated accordingly.
- Dates - The expected dates of announcement publication in the Federal Register and formal award of the grant. Responses should be formatted mm/dd/yy (e.g., 01/01/94); if day is not known then report it as 30.
- Significant Changes? - Indicate whether any changes, relative to the prior year, were made in the grant program. More than one response may be coded. Appropriate responses include:
0 No change
1 +5% increase in funding
2 -5% decrease in funding
3 Budget Period
4 Project period
5 Number of grants
6 Criteria for selection or eligibility
Please note that all of these columns must contain data. In case of incomplete or inconsistent data, the person signing this form (see header area) will be contacted to clarify the discrepancy.
*** Questions concering either of these forms should be directed to Suzanne Neill (690-5731) of the Division of Grants Policy and Oversight, ASMB***
FOR A COPY OF THE HHS GRANT PROGRAM ANOUNCEMENT PLAN FORM
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AREA DIRECTIVE DELEGATION AND CONTROL OFFICER
OR THE MANAGEMENT POLICY AND INTERNAL CONTROL STAFF AT 301-443-2650