Part 3, Chapter 8: Manual Appendix 3-8-B
SOCIAL WORK SERVICES
- Identifying the emotional and social needs of Indian clients and their families.
- Identifying and treating psychosocial problems related to the client's illness and/or treatment.
- Utilizing knowledge of and contacts with federal, state and local agencies to meet the health, social and economic needs of the Indian community.
- Protecting vulnerable children and adults who cannot protect themselves from abuse, neglect and exploitation and fostering the stability and integrity of the family.
- Driving Variables
- Total Service Population to receive Social Services
- Total Direct Inpatient Days
- Health Center versus Inpatient setting
- Staffing Criteria
- The formula to calculate basic social work staffing for all settings is 1.4 staff per 2,788 service population and 1.1 staff per 11,111 inpatient days.
- The initial staff position shall be a social work director. The second staff position shall also be a master's level individual for program stability. Additional staff can be a mix of professional and paraprofessional positions based on program and population needs.