Chapter 37 - Headquarters Conference Rooms
Part 5 - Management Services
|Food and Beverage||5-37.1H|
|Spills and Cleanup||5-37.1I|
|Decorations and Displays||5-37.1J|
- PURPOSE.  The purpose of this chapter is to revise and update the procedures and responsibilities governing the use and operation of the Indian Health Service (IHS) Headquarters conference rooms located within 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, Maryland.
- POLICY. It is IHS policy that all Headquarters conference rooms may be used for both official and non-official purposes.
- Director, Division of Administrative Services. The Director, Division of Administrative Services (DAS), administers the management and use of the conference rooms and directs the Headquarters Conference Management (HCM) Team.
- Headquarters Conference Management Team. The HCM Team monitors and assigns the conference rooms and is comprised of DAS employees. The HCM Team members may be contacted by e-mail.
- All Meeting Room Users. The individual conference room user submits new reservation requests via the web, requests changes or cancellations to the HCM team via email and leaves conference rooms in clean condition, suitable for the next user's reservation.
- Priority Assignment. In all cases, a request for conference rooms for "official" use takes priority over a request for "non-official" use.
- Official Use. "Official use" means use by an employee, agent, or designated representative of the Federal Government or one of its contractors in the course of his or her employment, agency, or representation. Conference rooms are available for official purposes such as staff meetings, advisory committee meetings, and job-related training.
- Non-Official Use. Conference rooms are available for "non-official" use to hold meetings of recognized Federal employee groups, such as, the Union, the Combine Federal Campaign or the IHS Employee's Association. Based on availability, conference rooms may be used for private functions, such as, farewell gatherings. Conference rooms may not be used for:
- A meeting or a performance sponsored or conducted by any organization or individual practicing or advocating discrimination based upon race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or reprisal.
- A meeting or activity sponsored or conducted by or for commercial enterprises for profit-making purposes through the direct sale of articles, the charging of an admission fee, the making of an indirect assessment for admission, or the taking of a collection.
- CONFERENCE ROOMS. The following conference rooms are available for IHS use and are managed through the Rockville Conference Room Scheduler:
- Seventh-Floor Rooms. 07E56, 07E78, 07NEH01 and 07SEH02.
- Eighth-Floor Rooms. 08N17, 08B01, 08B02, 08B03 and 08NEH01.
- Ninth-Floor Rooms. 09NEH01 and 09SEH02.
- Tenth-Floor Rooms. 10E56, 10B01, 10B02, 10NEH01 and 10SEH02.
- Eleventh-Floor Rooms. 11E56, 11NEH01 and 11SEH02.
- Room Availability. Access the Rockville Conference Room Scheduler to view available rooms for a specific date.
- Reserve a Conference Room. To reserve a conference room:
- Click on "Reserve a Room."
- Complete the required fields in the "Requested By" section of the form.
- Enter the information for the "Event Contact Person" section of the form.
- Complete the required fields in the "Requested For" section of the form.
- In the "Special Needs" field, enter any service and/or equipment needs such as video conferencing, teleconferencing, video media needs, etc. See Section E on how to request services and/or equipment.
- In the "Other Notes" field, enter room configuration requests (e.g., theater style or classroom style).
- Enter the information for the "Request Time" section of the form.
- Enter the information for the "Recurrence" section of the form.
- Upload any documents in the "Upload Files" section of the form. Requestors can upload diagrams of how they would like the room set up if it involves detail and/or information the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Help Desk may require for set up of video conferencing, etc.
- Review all information to verify that it is correct.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Cancellations. The requestor is responsible for canceling a reservation as soon as it is determined that the room will not be needed. The requestor must send an e-mail to the HCM Team and if services or equipment were requested, the HCM team will notify the OIT Help Desk.
- Standard Equipment. Conference rooms are equipped with:
- ROOM SET-UP. Rooms are arranged in an as is set-up and cannot be moved around.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGES. Tables must be included in the set-up of the conference room for events where food and beverages are consumed. The use of tables will circumvent improper handling of plates and cups at an event where there are only chairs available. Placing plates and cups on chairs may lead to spillage that will require cleanup or damage that must be repaired.
- SPILLS AND CLEANUP.
- The meeting planner must also increase the meeting participants' awareness to be especially careful to avoid any spillage before any food or beverages are served.
- It is the meeting planner's responsibility to immediately report any spillage or damage to DAS by telephone at 301-443-0815 or notify via e-mail.
- DECORATIONS AND DISPLAYS. All decorations and displays must be free-standing and not attached to any surfaces with an adhesive of any kind. No decoration or display (in any form) shall be attached to tables, chairs, walls, ceilings, or carpeting.
- TABLETOPS. Please use caution when using writing instruments, serving utensils, and other sharp objects on the tabletops in each of the conference rooms. Tabletop finishes may be easily scratched or damaged.
- SCHEDULE. To be provided with an updated schedule, please contact the HCM Team.