| $0 to $37,020
/ Per Year
|10/27/2020 to 9/30/2021
This position performs a full range of health technician and optical support work for the Optometry staff of the Tohono O'odham Nation Sells Hospital.
Scope of Work: This position is located within the Tohono O'odham Nation Sells Hospital Optometry Branch and may be organizationally assigned to any one of the Health Center locations. This position may require 50% travel to any of the four (4) TONHC Facilities. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Chief Optometrist who makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines, and assists the employee with unusual situations.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages technical and administrative optical activities of the Optometry clinic.
• Answers the telephone and refers calls to personnel. Answers general questions about the optometry program, e.g. hours of the clinic, procedures for making appointments.
• Greets incoming patients and has patient complete information forms for registration.
• Completes registration with insurance verification and demographics.
• Creates schedules in computer, schedules patient appointments and checks patients in and out of clinic.
• Assists with patient transportation arrangements as needed.
• Coordinates referrals for the Eye Clinic Providers.
• Interviews patients and records health history.
• Performs frame measurements, ensuring optimum cosmetic, physical, and optical spectacle performance. Repairs most damaged and/or broken frames. Performs basic optical bench work. Maintains frames on a current basis in accordance with applicable contracts.
• Prepares prescriptions and lab orders for glasses. Verifies spectacle prescriptions utilizing lensometer, lens gauge, and other instruments prior to dispensing glasses to patients.
• Provides technical assistance to Optometrists and Ophthalmologists as requested.
• Performs various preliminary eye evaluations including but limited to visual acuity, Non-Contact Tonometer and Icare Tonometer, as requested by the eye care provider.
• Performs ancillary tests such as visual field, Optical Coherence Tomography, Retinal Photos, etc., as requested by the eye care provider.
• Informs patients about contact lens procedures, care and hygiene, optical and ocular disease conditions, and other relevant instructions.
• Follow Human Resources policies on EEO related matters.
• Orders optical supplies and instruments.
• Contributes to a team effort.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• One year combination of Optical Dispensing experience and front/back Optometric office experience.
• Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
Licenses, Certifications, Special Requirements:
• CPR Certification.
• Upon recommendation for hire a criminal background and fingerprint check is required to determine suitability for hire.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, (no DUIs or major traffic citations within the last three years).
• Must submit a 39-month driving record with the employment application.
• Must meet the Tohono O'odham Nation tribal employer's insurance requirements to receive a driver's permit to operate program vehicles.
• Based on the department's needs, incumbents may be required to demonstrate fluency in both the Tohono O'odham Language and English as a condition of employment.
|All Groups of Qualified Individuals
|Get Details & Apply: