www.ihs.gov will be undergoing maitenance starting at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, December 7, there might be intermittent outages between 8.30 PM - 11.30 PM ET. We apologize for any inconvenience.
While LGBTQ and Two-Spirit people have the same health problems as other people as they age, they also experience additional social challenges that impact their health and wellbeing. Though things are changing, unlike their heterosexual peers, elder LGBTQ people may be less likely to have ever been married or had children, two sources of social support commonly relied upon by aging populations.
- Administration on Aging Diversity
- LGBT Aging Issues Network (LAIN) – American Society on Aging
- LGBT Partners – CMS
- Issues Tool for Providers on LGBT Adults – CMS
- Advisory Board: CMS shines light on health disparities between older ‘sexual minorities’ and sexual majorities’
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Center for Positive Aging, Resources for Older LGBT Persons
- Health Disparities Experienced Among Older Sexual Minorities [PDF - 222 KB]