As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Kayenta Health Center
Kayenta Health Center
P.O. Box 368
Kayenta, AZ 86033
Health Information Management
The Kayenta Service Unit population of 20,000 is spread across a remote and sparsely populated area. Kayenta is in a traditional part of the reservation. Services are provided to 200 patients each day in continuity or walk-in clinics and in a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week emergency room. The clinic has on site lab, x-ray and pharmacy services. Current medical staff is made up of Family Practice, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry specialties.
- Emergency services are fully available at Kayenta Health Center. Inscription House Clinic provides urgent care services 40 hours per week, but is not open after regular hours or on weekends.
- Consultant specialty care (surgery, obstetrics, orthopedics, cardiology, ENT, ophthalmology, etc) is provided on a regularly scheduled basis from visiting specialists.
- Direct primary care (general medical care, pediatrics, internal medicine, mental health, women’s health, etc.) is routinely available at most sites. Kayenta and Inscription House clinics are open daily. Navajo Mountain and Dennehotso clinics are open 2 days per week.
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention services including community education, comprehensive school health curriculum support, injury prevention, and fitness activities.
- Special Diabetes programs include Hooghan Project (in-home intensive education for people newly diagnosed with Diabetes), support of Kayenta Township Park Project, additional funding for eye care and dental care for denture patients (IHHC).
- Environmental and Engineering services include vector control, epidemiology, plan reviews, commercial and industrial safety and code inspections, home assessments, water supply and wastewater disposal systems, and environmental hazard assessments.