If you are looking for resources for you or your staff to learn more about having effective conversations with patients about latent TB, these may help:
- NPTC Formulary Brief (2019) - Tuberculosis Treatment [PDF - 175 KB]
- NPTC Formulary Brief (2013) - Rifapentine [PDF - 120 KB]
- H.S. Chest Clinic Guidelines
- Pharmacy Policy/Procedure Template- 3HP Directly Observed Therapy
- H.R. Template for 3HP Treatment - Templates
- Latent TB Screening & Treatment Quick Reference Card
- Latent TB Cascade of Care
- CDC Slide Set:
- MMWR Recommendations (5/2019):
- CDC Fact Sheets: Screening/Diagnosis
- CDC Fact Sheets: Treatment
- National Tuberculosis Controller Association: Provider Guidance
Examples of resources for providers to share with patients include:
- CDC Fact Sheets- Patient Education
- Infographic- Patient Education
- Patient Information: The 12-dose Regimen for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection
- Medication Tracker: The 12-dose Regimen for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection
- Latent TB Videos for Healthcare Providers: Online Video Series (UCSF)
This series of three videos aims to help providers talk to their patients about latent TB infection testing and treatment. Each of the videos are two-minutes long. The topics covered include;
- Why Should I Get Testing for Latent TB?
- Why Do I Need Treatment for Latent TB?
If you would like posters to display in your office, here are some that may be helpful:
If you have any questions, please contact the NPTC at IHSNPTC1@ihs.gov.