This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes all devices/storage media attached to this system. This system is provided for Government-authorized use only. Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage and/or intercept, search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.
RPMS TRAINING CHANGES DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The OIT RPMS Training team is reviewing scheduled in-person training classes, and will be either converting them into eLearning (i.e. Remote) training, rescheduling for a later date, or cancelling the training sessions per federal lead guidance. Notice has been provided to registered participants for those classes that are impacted. While it may have been a general practice for participants to group in a classroom, break room, or a conference room during an eLearning session, we are recommending participants implement the prescribed social distancing practices when attending these sessions at their respective work sites as well.
RPMS EHR CAC Informatics Training Grid
The EHR CAC Informatics Training Grid helps to lay the foundation and structure for the Clinical Application Coordinator (CAC) Informaticist career path. The objectives are to identify sequentially ordered courses that build on participant knowledge and provide the necessary tools to promote CAC Informaticist success in their various roles.
The CAC Informatics Training Grid provides a current state guide to role-based training considering both existing curricula and identified needs for future curriculum development. This grid was developed in collaboration with the IHS Chief Health Informatics Officer, Informatics Program Manager, Deployment Manager, Area CACs, and field users, and included consultative input from the Office of the National Coordinator. RPMS training is undergoing assessment and improvement. The RPMS training sessions offered reflect high priority needs based on the training grid, collected Training Needs Assessment data, and input via area CACs. Depending on demand and capacity, additional trainings sessions may be added throughout the year. The CAC Informatics Training Grid may also be modified as the OIT training program evolves to meet field needs.
Training Classes and Schedules
NOTE: Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) training events are open only to individuals affiliated with Indian Health Service, Tribal, or Urban Indian health program facilities in the United States.
Definitions of class types:
- eLearning: Instructor-led demonstration via web and phone. This class type does not include hands-on instruction. Participants may join from their home site with phone and computer/internet access.
- eLearning/Hands-on: Instructor-led demonstration and hands-on via web and phone. Some sessions provide access to an OIT training environment while others require access to a home training environment or test patient. Participants may join from their home site with phone and computer/internet access.
- Classroom: In-person instructor-led lecture and hands-on in an OIT training environment. Participants must be in the classroom to participate.
- Satellite Classroom: Area provided proctor supports an instructor teaching via web and phone. This class type includes hands-on in an OIT training environment. Participants must be in the classroom to participate.
- Blended Learning: Instructor-led demonstration and hands-on. This methodology combines all four of the other class types: eLearning, eLearning/hands-on, satellite and classroom. Participants have the option of registering to participate in a physical classroom or registering to participate in an eLearning environment. All participants will view and listen to the same demonstration. Participants registered to participate in a physical classroom will receive supplemental hands-on exercises.
- Bridge: Area coordinated session. OIT provides audio and video links while Area coordinates the BridgeMaster, SME proctors, and training databases. The BridgeMaster manages the distribution of materials, surveys, and logistical information to participants.