Video conference units of all makes and models, on the IHS network or on the Internet can also join this Skype video conference by using one of the following methods:
Make sure you have the Skype Conference ID because it will be needed when joining the meeting.
Video Conference Equipment
- From a SIP video device, call email@example.com and then enter the Skype Conference ID when prompted.
- From a SIP video device, call <Skype Conference ID>@meet.ihs.gov
Internal Method CISCO (IHS VoIP Calls)
- Dial in internally - From a regular/video/SIP internal phone/device, call 605-335-2520 and then enter the Skype Conference ID when prompted.
- From an invited Cisco video unit, press the green Join button
External Method (Non-IHS Cisco VoIP Calls)
- Dial in externally - From a phone, call 605-335-2520 or toll-free 1-866-964-5120 and then enter the Skype Conference ID when prompted.
- ISDN Method: From an ISDN video unit, call 866-964-5118 and then enter the Skype Conference ID when prompted.
Connect via Chrome or Firefox
- In a web browser, type in join.meet.ihs.gov in the web browser address bar
- Click Join call
- Enter the Skype Conference ID in the Call ID field
- Click Continue
- Enter your Name and continue to follow prompts to join the meeting
WebRTC browser support
- Firefox – will work externally. Internally, it will work, will prompt users to accept the certificate; Firefox is not configured to trust the IHS-issued certificates.
- Chrome – The preferred browser. It will work internally and externally
- Not Supported: Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, mobile browsers such as safari or silk.