Division of Environmental Health Services
The Division of Environmental Health Services (DEHS) is part of the Office of Environmental Health and Engineering.
Through shared decision making and sound public health measures, enhance the health and quality of life of all American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level by eliminating environmentally related disease and injury.” – DEHS Mission
We are Environmental Health Officers, Environmental Health Specialists, Health Care Safety Officers, Institutional Environmental Health Officers, and Injury Prevention Specialists. We provide direct environmental health services and consultation to American Indian and Alaska Native tribal governments and Indian Health Service programs.
Join the DEHS LISTSERV to receive program updates and discuss topics relevant to environmental health.
- 2021 DEHS Annual Report [PDF - 32 MB]
- 2020 DEHS Annual Report [PDF - 12 MB] This document may not be fully accessible to persons using assistive technology. For assistance with the information in this file, contact the IHS, OEHE, Division of Environmental Health Services (301) 443-1054.
- 2019 DEHS Annual Report [PDF - 35 MB]
- DEHS recognized with Outstanding Service [Natl Impact] Award at 2020 NIHB Heroes in Health Awards [virtual] Gala [PDF] for exceptional COVID-19 response & prevention efforts; see award acceptance by RADM Kelly Taylor on behalf of the Division
- IHS Environmental Health Specialist of 2021, Braden Hickey [PDF - 180 KB]
- DEHS Award winners of 2021 on the IHS Blog