IHS Dental Portal
The purpose of the Dental Portal is to have one place where staff who work in Indian healthcare can locate essential resources to support to the operation of effective clinical and community dental programs.
Items of Interest
- Data Brief - The Oral Health of 13-15 Year Old AI/AN Dental Clinic Patients - A Follow-Up Report to the 2013 Survey (PDF - 459KB)
- 2018-19 Data Brief of 1-5 Year-Old AI-AN Preschool Children (PDF - 375KB)
Data Brief - The Oral Health of AI/AN Children Aged 6-9 Years: Results of the 2016-2017 IHS Oral Health Survey (PDF - 1.1MB)
Data Brief - The Oral Health of AI/AN Adult Dental Patients: Results of the 2015 IHS Oral Health Survey (PDF - 401KB)
Data Brief - IHS Oral Health Survey of AI/AN Adolescents Aged 13-15 Years (PDF - 750KB)
Data Brief - The Oral Health of AI/AN Children Aged 6-9 Years: Results of the 2014 IHS Oral Health Survey (PDF - 535KB)
Data Brief - The Oral Health of AI/AN Children Aged 1-5 Years: Results of the 2014 IHS Oral Health Survey (PDF - 630KB)
- The 2010 Oral Health Survey of American Indian/Alaska Native Preschool Children (PDF - 4.1 MB)
News & Announcements
- IHS DOH Oral Health Literacy Message — Communicating With Your Patients About the COVID-19 Vaccine — January 20, 2021 (PDF - 195KB)
- FDA recommends avoiding use of NSAIDs in pregnancy at 20 weeks or later because they can result in low amniotic fluid - NSAIDs may cause rare kidney problems in unborn babies
- Recommendations About the Use of Dental Amalgam in Certain High-Risk Populations: FDA Safety Communication
- IHS DOH Oral Health Literacy Message - Conversations with Patients about Dental Fillings - October 16, 2020 (PDF - 210KB)
New Dental Provider Orientation (PDF - 2.27MB)
Presentation that reviews valuable resources and opportunities available to dental providers at IHS, Tribal, and Urban clinics. Note: An Area specific presentation may be available directly from your Area Dental Consultant.
IHS Dental Credentialing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Sheet (PDF - 316KB)
Pain Management Guidelines
Below is information about the IHS Division of Oral Health's new dental pain management guidelines.
If you have any difficulties with this website, contact Talee Roberts.