2022 Catalog: General Courses
DE0478: 2021 Albuquerque Area Dental Meeting [virtual]
This meeting is just for Albuquerque Area IHS, tribal, and urban dental staff. These presentations will provide the dental team with information regarding comprehensive medical histories and practical oral pathology to enhance patient care.
Amber D. Riley, MS, RDH, FAAFS, FIACME
• Internationally recognized speaker providing dental continuing education programs on numerous clinical/patient-based and forensic topics.
• Dental Subject Matter Consultant for individual state rules and laws supervising the dental professions.
• Forensic Dental Consultant, clinical and civil.
Upon completion of this meeting, participants will be able to:
1. List signs and symptoms of common medical disorders encountered in a dental setting;
2. Discuss drug interactions that are pertinent to dentistry;
3. Develop a differential diagnosis on a variety of red, white, and pigmented oral lesions.
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
Must be staff in the Albuquerque Area
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.