2023 Catalog: General Courses
To view other courses in this category, use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons. To select this course and request approval, please login. Need more help reading this page?
DE0709: We Smile: MID Style Learning Session [PORTLAND AREA ONLY]
The purpose of the orientation for the We Smile: MID Style Initiative is to provide dental programs with information on Minimally Invasive Dentistry. Select dental programs in the Portland area will be given training to the new 18-month Initiative, focused on Minimally Invasive Dentistry.
We Smile: MID Style
November 2, 2022 In Person Learning Session
Seattle Airport Marriott
• Use data to reflect on progress and plan for the future
• Deepen understanding of Motivational Interviewing, practice using the skills, and plan to implement in dental programs
• Develop work plans with measurable objectives
• 8:30 Welcome, Agenda Review, Housekeeping Ticey Mason, Sarah Borgida
• 8:40 Icebreaker David Cournoyer, All
• 9:00 Data: Past, Present and Future Alia Katabi
• 10:30 Motivational Interviewing Dr. Marty Lieberman,
Dr. Miranda Davis
• 12:00 Lunch and Connecting
• 1:00 It’s All About Relationships- Building Trust Dr. Davis, Panelists
o Home Visits
• 2:30 Work Planning Time Dr. Martin Lieberman
o Clinic plan
o Discuss how to share plans with dental program staff to get “buy-in”, help with implementation
• 4:00 Farewell
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Build Community
2. Learn the role culture, relationship, and community play in a successful [dental] team, and how to apply the lessons
3. Develop work plans with measurable objectives to help achieve the goals and objectives of the collaborative
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
The Indian Health Service Division of Oral Health (IHS DOH) is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. IHS DOH designates this activity for 6.00 continuing education credits.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the IHS at IHS CDE Coordinator or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at CCEPR.ada.org
Portland Area only
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.