2023 Catalog: General Courses
DE0771: We Smile: MID Style Learning Session [PORTLAND AREA ONLY, in person]
The purpose of this learning session is for select dental program to learn more about working in a collaborative focused on Minimally Invasive Dentistry [MID].
The webinar link will be sent to select sites by the Support Center.
• 8:30 Welcome, Agenda Review, Housekeeping Ticey Mason, Sara Borgida
o Review reimbursement
• 8:40 Icebreaker David Cournoyer, All
o Uplifting, positive, fun
o Help people make connections
o Sets a positive tone for the day
• 9:00 Data: Alia Katabi, Dr. Sean Kelly
o Where We Were, Where We are, Where We’re Going
• 10:00 Minimally Invasive Dentistry Dental Program Cases Dr. Miranda Davis, Dental Programs
• 12:00 Lunch and Connecting
• 1:00 Hip, Hip Hooray for MID! Dr. Lieberman, Dental Programs
• 4:00 Farewell
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Use data to discuss Collaborative participants’ progress, Collaborative’s outcomes
2. Highlight program successes, challenges, lessons learned
3. Review clinical cases to examine how minimally invasive dentistry is being used, share best practices, and discuss opportunities for improvement
4. Celebrate successes and identify next steps
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
The IHS Division of Oral Health is an accredited sponsor of continuing education under the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the IHS at IHS CDE Coordinator or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at CCEPR.ada.org
Portland Area only
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.