105th Congress – 1997 and 1998
PL 105-256 (HR4068) [PDF – 35 KB]
Bill to make certain technical corrections in laws relating to Native Americans, and for other purposes. Other key provisions, relating to IHS:
- Making the Oklahoma City and Tulsa Demonstration Projects Permanent:
- Expanding Siletz Tribe of Oregon IHS Service Delivery Area
- 06/16/1998 – Introduced by Congressman Don Young (AK) and referred to the House Committee on Resources.
- 06/23/1998 – Executive Comment Requested from Interior.
- 07/29/1998 – Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held. Bill ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.
- 09/18/1998 – Committee on Resources filed report, H. Rept. 105-733. [PDF – 85 KB]
- 09/23/1998 – Mr. Young (AK) moved to suspend the rules and bill, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.
- 09/24/1998 – Received in the Senate
- 10/01/1998 – Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
- 10/01/1998 – Cleared for White House.
- 10/06/1998 – Presented to President.
- 10/14/1998 – Signed by President, becoming Public Law No: 105-256 [PDF – 35 KB]