GPRA and Other National Reporting
The Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) requires Federal agencies to demonstrate that they are using their funds effectively toward meeting their missions. The law requires agencies to have both a 5-year Strategic Plan in place and to submit Annual Performance Plans describing specifically what the agency intends to accomplish toward those goals with their annual budget request. GPRA also requires agencies to have performance measures with specific annual targets. Every year, the Indian Health Service reports results for these GPRA performance measures.
GPRA measures for the IHS include clinical care performance measures, such as care for patients with diabetes, cancer screening, immunization, behavioral health screening, and other prevention measures. The agency also reports many non-clinical measures, including rates of hospital accreditation, injury prevention, and infrastructure improvements.
Quarterly GPRA Reporting
Beginning in 2018, official GPRA/GPRAMA measure results will be calculated through the Integrated Data Collection System Data Mart (IDCS DM) utilizing National Data Warehouse (NDW) data. However, IHS facilities and participating tribal facilities using the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) will still be required to submit GPRA Developmental data twice a year from RPMS’s Clinical Reporting System.
The deadlines for the 2021 quarterly GPRA Developmental report are as follows:
- 2nd Quarter: April 16, 2021
- 4th Quarter: October 29, 2021
Additional GPRA Information
- FY 2017 GPRA/GPRAMA National and Area Results [PDF - 2 MB]
- FY 2016 GPRA Performance Results [PDF - 3 MB]
- FY 2015 GPRA Performance Results [PDF - 11 MB]
- FY 2014 GPRA Performance Results [PDF - 5.3 MB]
- FY 2013 GPRA Performance Results [PDF - 4.5 MB]
- GPRA FY19 through FY21 Performance Measures Matrix [PDF - 128 KB]
- GPRA FY16 National Dashboard (IHS Direct/Tribal) [PDF - 28 KB]
- GPRA FY15 National Dashboard (IHS Direct/Tribal) [PDF - 22 KB]
- GPRA FY14 National Dashboard (IHS Direct/Tribal) [PDF - 22 KB]
- GPRA FY13 National Dashboard (IHS Direct/Tribal)[PDF - 35 KB]
- Area GPRA Coordinators [PDF - 119 KB]