As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan
Division of Engineering Services
The Division of Engineering Services (DES) provides professional architectural, engineering, project management, and acquisition services in support of the IHS New Health Care Facilities Construction Program.
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Our Vision is for every American Indian and Alaska Native to receive health care services in a high-quality health care facility.
Our Mission is to provide exceptional professional architectural, engineering, and acquisition services.
Our Core Values include integrity, dedication, respect, and professionalism.
In addition to the administration and management of IHS New Health Care Facilities and Staff Quarters Construction projects, Tribes and Area Offices may enter into services agreements with DES to provide the following professional services:
- Professional Architectural and Engineering Services
- Design and Construction Project Management for New Construction, Renovation, Sustainability, and Modernization Projects
- Design and Construction Contracting Support
- Building Code Implementation and Interpretation
- Project Planning
- Design Reviews
- Construction Inspection
- Facility Condition Surveys
- Sustainable Design Consultation and Review (including LEED compliance) on New and Existing Facilities
- General Technical Consultation regarding Planning, Design, and Construction
- Leasing Support