2019 IHS National Oral Health Council Clinical Excellence in Dentistry Awards
Once again in an effort to encourage and recognize excellent performance by IHS dental program personnel, on behalf of the Field Advisory Committee [FAC] of the National Oral Health Council [NOHC], I would like to announce these awards honoring our dental assistants, hygienists, dentists, and a specialist. These 2019 annual award selectees were individuals who have excelled at the provision of Oral Health Care during the past year:
- Junior Dental Assistant: Ms. Chenoa Cantua, Consolidated Tribal Health Project, California Area
- Senior Dental Assistant: Ms. Candace Williams, Lawton Indian Hospital, Oklahoma City Area
- Junior Dental Hygienist: Ms. Sally Beach, Native American Rehabilitation Association Dental Clinic, Portland Area
- Senior Dental Hygienist: LCDR Cynthia Chennault, Catawba Service Unit, Nashville Area
- Junior Dentist: Dr. Vy Vy Vu, Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center, Alaska Area
- Mid-Career Dentist: Dr. Rachel Hogan, Swinomish Tribal Dental Clinic, Portland Area
- Senior Dentist: Dr. Pauline Linhart, Four Corners Regional Health Center, Navajo Area
- Specialist: Dr. Justin Sikes, Oral Surgeon, Northern Navajo Medical Center, Navajo Area
The above awards, from all the nominations submitted from the National Oral Health Council [made up of the entire IHS/Tribal/Urban Dental Staff], were reviewed and selected by the Awards Workgroup of the Field Advisory Committee of the NOHC. I would like to thank the people who nominated all the candidates for this year’s awards.
And I especially wish to offer my thanks and appreciation to all of these well-deserved 2019 selectees for your continued outstanding service to our American Indian and Alaska Native patients.
Timothy L. Lozon, D.D.S.
CAPT [ret], USPHS
Director, Division of Oral Health