As a result of the current Federal government funding situation, the information on this website may not be up to date or acted upon. Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at www.opm.gov . Despite the lapse in appropriations, IHS will continue to provide direct clinical health care services as well as referrals for contracted services that cannot be provided through IHS clinics. For more information on how IHS is impacted, visit: HHS Contingency Plan [mura]$.showExitDisclaimer()[/mura]
Information Systems Security Awareness (ISSA)
IHS Rules of Behavior (Part 1 of 3)
All IHS information system users must take annual security and privacy training in order to fulfill federal mandates and regulations. In addition, all new users must successfully complete this course within 24 hours of receiving access unless the user has read the IHS Quick Guide to Information Security [PDF - 453KB], in which case they will have 30 days to complete the training. Failure to complete training requirements will result in the loss of information systems access.
- Acknowledgement and Acceptance of the IHS Rules of Behavior
- Privacy Training
- Protecting Sensitive Information and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- Phishing and Phishing Scams
- Insider Threats, Computer Security, and Physical Security and Information Security
- Incident Response and Learning From Past Incidents
For questions, please Contact Us.
The training will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
To begin or continue your training, please select the appropriate button below.