The sites listed below have been determined to be of interest and use to Indian Health Service, Tribal and Urban nurses. If you know of a site which could be useful to your peers, contact the Site Administrator with a description of the site and its URL (Internet address).
Nursing Professional Organizations
- Readiness and Deployment Operations Group (RedDOG)
- American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (A A A C N):
Advancing the art and science of ambulatory care nursing
- Nursing World (A N A):
Home page for the American Nurses' Association (A N A)
- American Nursing Informatics Association (A N I A):
Promoting nursing informatics through networking, research, education and professional activities
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- National Alaska Native American Indian Nurses Association
- U.S. Public Health Service Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- University of Wisconsin Green Bay
- Nursing Center : Lipincott sponsored site with a variety of services including C E.
- Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (A A A H C):
Ambulatory care standards and accreditation
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (J C A H O):
The latest in standards and surveys
- Institute for Safe Medication Practice (I S M P):
How to prevent and control medication errors
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (A H R Q):
Evidence based practice
- National Institute of Nursing Research:
Validating nursing practice
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurse Associations
- American Medical Informatics Association
- Annie E. Casey Foundation : Kids count tables - indicators on all aspects of child and youth demographics - by race, by state, health, economics.
IF YOU ARE DRAFTING ANY PROPOSAL YOU WANT TO REFERENCE THIS WEBSITE FOR COMPARISON DATA.
- CHILD WELFARE - National Foster Care Month focuses national attention on the needs of children and youth in foster care. The campaign encourages more citizens to get involved -- whether as their foster parents, volunteers, mentors, or employers, or in other ways. The Annie E. Casey Foundation and its direct services agency, Casey Family Services, are among the partner organizations involved in promoting stable and permanent family connections for children.
- COMMUNITY CHANGE
- ECONOMIC SECURITY
- JUVENILE JUSTICE
- SPECIAL INTEREST AREAS.
- American Association for the History of Nursing:
Learn about our roots
- Nursing Net:
A world of nursing related sites
- National Nurse Leadership Council By Laws [PDF - 192 KB]
- NNLC Nursing Issues of Concern [PDF - 29 KB]
Executive Summary from 1998 Nurse Retention Survey
- Executive Summary [PDF - 95 KB]