The application cycle is now closed. The next application cycle will open in December 2021. Thank you for your interest in the Indian Health Service Scholarship Programs.
Required Documents to Apply: (A checklist will be provided when you submit your application)
New Applicants: Official Transcripts and Faculty Evaluations
Extension Applicants: Please contact your analyst.
All documents must be uploaded in the application system. Please do not mail supporting documents to the IHS Scholarship Program.
Please view the IHS Scholarship Comparison Chart [PDF - 132 KB] for a list of eligible degree programs considered for 2021-2022. (Not all health fields are considered for funding)
If you need technical assistance, please contact Destiny Khalil at email@example.com or call, 240-271-2216, during office hours.
Main office line is 301-443-6197. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 - 4:30 pm (Eastern Time).
- March - Applications not selected for further review will receive an electronic letter notifying them they were not pre-selected.
- April - Pre-selected applications will be read and scored.
- May - Pre-awarded applicants will receive notification to upload additional documents (BIA 4432, acceptance letter, etc.). Applicants not selected for an award will receive an electronic letter notifying them they were not selected.
- June/July - Documents are received and processed for final award letters. Award Letters are sent to the scholarship recipients by the end of July.
- August - Funding cycle begins for academic year 2021-2022. Stipends are deposited in accounts by the last day of each month. (August 31, September 30, etc).
*Subject to change*