Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
Apply Now to Extend Your Scholarship Support!
The IHS Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for current scholarship recipients seeking to extend their scholarship support for the 2018 – 2019 academic year. All current scholarship recipients must use the online application to:
- Request an extension of your existing scholarship.
- Request an extension of your scholarship as you progress from a Preparatory or Pre-Graduate scholarship degree program to a Health Professions scholarship degree program.
- Request a leave of absence.
- Notify the program that you are declining additional scholarship support.
- Notify the program that you are graduating/completing your preparatory coursework.
Click the Apply Now button to access the online application. The instructions below will assist you in preparing the required documentation you must submit in support of your online application. We also recommend that you use the resources listed under Program Materials to guide you through the application process.
February 28, 2018 7:00pm EST
All Extension Applicants
You must submit the following documentation:
- Letter of Enrollment and Good Academic Standing [PDF - 556 KB] — Your advisor must complete and sign this document. Reference our sample letter to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
Transfer/Dual Enrollment/Progressing from a Preparatory or Pre-Graduate Scholarship to a Health Professions Scholarship
You must also include the following forms if you are transferring schools, seeking dual enrollment or are progressing from a Preparatory or Pre-Graduate scholarship to a Health Professions scholarship:
- Letter of Acceptance [PDF - 595 KB]/Letter of Application [PDF - 548 KB] — Either letter must be on official school letterhead. A letter of acceptance must clearly state that you were accepted (or admitted) to the college/university and include a semester or start date. Proof of application must include language that shows the college/university received your application and when the school expects to begin accepting new students. Reference our sample letters to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
- Curriculum for Major [PDF - 739 KB] — You can find this document in your school’s course catalog. This document supports the Course Curriculum Verification form you submitted as part of your online application. It cannot be used in place of completing that form. Reference our sample form to ensure your document fulfills all program requirements.
Transfer/Dual Enrollment/Change in Graduation Date/LOA Request
You must also include the following form if you are transferring, seeking dual enrollment, changing your graduation date or requesting a leave of absence:
- Change of Status (IHS-856-10) [PDF - 65 KB]
The following forms are required via the online system:
- Faculty/Advisor Evaluation (IHS-856-24) [PDF - 63 KB] — You must provide this form to your selected evaluator(s) to complete and submit if he or she cannot access the online form or would prefer to complete the form in writing.
- Course Curriculum Verification (IHS-856-6) [PDF - 65 KB] — You must provide this form to your selected advisor(s) if he or she cannot access the online form. This form must provide a detailed list of your projected coursework for each academic term in which you will be enrolled during the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
You are required to mail your supporting documentation to the IHS Scholarship Program office and include the name of your assigned Program Analyst. The mailing address is:
Indian Health Service
Attn: [Program Analyst name]
5600 Fishers Lane
Mail Stop: OHR (11E53A)
Rockville, MD 20857
Application Cycle Open
Deadline: February 28, 2018, 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time.
The IHS Scholarship Program is accepting applications for scholarship support for the 2018 – 2019 academic year. You must submit your online application and mail your required supporting documentation to the IHS Scholarship Program postmarked no later than February 28, 2018.