Indian Health Service The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
Reference this handbook for detailed information about your responsibilities as a scholarship recipient, including academic and reporting requirements, continuation application instructions and service commitment information.
Student Handbook [PDF - 3.9 MB]
Use these documents throughout the academic year to inform your Program Analyst of academic progress, academic troubles, change of status, request of tutorial assistance or summer school and a change of name or address.
* Required document.
- Recipient's Initial Program Progress Report (IHS-856-8)* [PDF - 65 KB]
Due: Within 30 days of the beginning of each academic term.
- Notification of Academic Problem (IHS-856-9) [PDF - 74 KB]
Due: Immediately when experiencing academic difficulties that could result in withdrawing from a course or school.
- Change of Status (IHS-856-10) [PDF - 57 KB]
Due: Immediately when transferring schools, seeking dual enrollment, changing your anticipated graduation date or seeking a leave of absence from the program.
- Lost Stipend Payment (IHS-856-19) [PDF - 34 KB]
Due: The seventh day of the month after the missed month.
- Summer School Request (IHS-856-21) [PDF - 68 KB]
Due: April 22 of the current academic year.
- Change of Name or Address (IHS-856-22) [PDF - 43 KB]
- Request for Credit Validation (IHS-856-23) [PDF - 32 KB]
Due: Grants the release of pertinent information from your file to a credit card company, bank, department store, etc., for the purpose of securing a lease for an apartment, home loan or other financial need.
The following form is required during your final year of academic training in preparation for graduation from your college/university.
- Notice of Impending Graduation (IHS-856-13) [PDF - 68 KB]
Due: Beginning of final academic term.