Albuquerque Area Council of Nurse Executives (AACONE) Overview
AACONE provides a collaborative forum for nurse leadership, representation, consultation, policy development, and advocacy for IHS, Tribal, and Urban (I/T/U) Nurses in the region.
The stated purpose and objectives of AACONE are accomplished by:
- Providing a medium for interchange of ideas relative to professional nursing issues problems of mutual concern.
- Advising the Area Nurse Consultants and the National Council of Chief Nurse Officers on policy that affects Nurses.
- Advising the Albuquerque Area Director and Area Council Chief Executive Officer (CEO)’s/Clinical Directors on issues and policies that affect Nurses.
- Advancing effective Nurse Leadership through:
- Increased communication regarding local and national issues,
- Increased participation in Service Unit management, and
- Coordination of opportunities for professional development
- Promoting communication through all I/T/U health programs at the management and executive levels.
- Collaboratively providing guidance on standardizing best practices, policy, procedure, and contracts.