CHR Training and Education
In order to participate in the CHR E-learning modules for CHR Basic/Refresher education training, CHR Tribal programs will need to coordinate with CHR Area Office Consultants on access for online web-based training.
Contact your IHS CHR AOC for more information.
Register for IHS CHR E-Learning. This is an open and active site for registration.
Indian Country ECHO CHR Program Series
The Indian Country ECHO webinar series is designed for non-clinical staff in key behavioral or community health positions. Program offers critical updates on HIV, HCV, STIs, SUD, COVID-19 recovery and resilience, Cancer Prevention, Chronic Disease Prevention, and 2SLGBTQ health services.
Community Health Worker Training from the CDC
The CDC's Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention offers a free, six-part Community Health Workers (CHWs) eLearning Course , which includes a glossary of terms and resources sections.
- Introduction to Community Health Workers (CHWs)
- Current Issues for the CHW Workforce
- Public Policy Arenas: Workforce Development
- Occupational Regulation: Research and Evaluation
- Sustainable Funding for CHW Positions
- Moving Policy and Systems Change Forward