Mission, Goals, Vision & Commitment
- The mission of Crownpoint Service Unit is to provide wholistic healthcare with respect & harmony.
- Provide quality health services with a customer focus
- Promote community health
- Support tribal development of health care management capacity
- Develop human resources potential
- Support tribal and community partnership
The vision of Crownpoint Service Unit is a community partnership dedicated to achieving excellence in healthcare and wellness.
Our Core Values:
- Clear Communication
- Demonstrate Respect
- Value Cultural Sensitivity
- Foster Trust
- Show Compassion
We are committed to:
- The recognition of the patient and employee as individuals.
- Establishing a Service Unit environment conducive to accomplishing individual and organization goals of the Indian Health Service.
- Implementing the policy of Indian Self-Determination in the provision of health care to the Native American people we serve.
- Providing personnel and facilities to adequately provide emergency, inpatient, outpatient and support services to patients at the Crownpoint Healthcare Facility and its outlying clinics in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Promoting educational and research activities to gain further knowledge and expertise in providing quality health care services.
- Collaborating and coordinating efforts with community agencies to provide a comprehensive total family preventive health care program.
- Extending patient care services into the home by providing follow-up and continuity of care.
- Promoting wellness through the development of health promotion and disease prevention programs such as injury prevention, safety, substance abuse prevention, domestic violence, etc.
- Providing a positive environment which fosters communication, teamwork, and wellness for the individual employee toward the end of improving patient care.
Adopted by the Crownpoint Service Unit Management Team on November 18, 2004