2022 Catalog: All Courses
DE0002: Serving Young Children with Special Health Care Needs
This series of five modules is designed to provide oral health
professionals with information to help ensure that young children with
special health care needs have access to health promotion and disease
prevention services that address their unique oral health needs in a
comprehensive, family-centered, and community-based manner. Four CE
credits through IHS are available to dentists, dental hygienists, and
- Module 1: An Overview of Children with Special Health Care Needs and Oral Health
- Module 2: Providing Optimal Oral Health Care
- Module 3: Oral Health Supervision
- Module 4: Prevention of Oral Disease
- Module 5: Behavior Guidance
To register for the course, click on the link www.mchoralhealth.org/SpecialCare and follow the directions to start the course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to be:
1. Aware and responsive to the oral health unique requirements for young children with special health care needs.
2. Develop family-centered preventive programs for young children with special health care needs.
3. Proficient in managing oral health behaviors for young children with special health care needs.
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
Course developed September, 2006; reviewed August, 2011.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.