This help section covers the main tasks of Supervisors within the Division of Oral Health (DOH) as they pertain to Continuing Dental Education (CDE).
Remember that, as a member of the DOH, you may need to request registration in CDE courses for yourself. As a Supervisor, you are also responsible for:
- Registration Oversight – choosing staff member courses, changing staff member status, approving / denying course requests, and tracking course request status
- Understanding the Lottery Process – Supervisors need to be able to explain the steps and the results of the lottery process
- Reviewing CDE Statistics – Supervisors must be able to find and report statistics on CDE use within their authority
The pages within the CDE web site used to fulfill these tasks are:
- “CDE Home” to log into the Indian Health Service (IHS) Internet
- “My Staff” to begin Supervisory tasks
- “Catalog” to view courses available for personnel
- “Course Detail” to review course content and select courses for personnel
- “Quick Course Entry” to enter course numbers for personnel
- “Modify Status” to change the status of personnel
- “Overview” to review CDE statistics within an Area, Service Unit, or Facility
If you are new to the DOH or new to the role of Supervisor, we encourage you to take the tutorial (Flash or text version) for instruction on the CDE system and an overview of main tasks.