2022 Catalog: All Courses
DE0651: Diabetes Online CDE: Diabetes and Neuropathy
Neurologic complications of diabetes are frequent. This talk will describe the range of diabetic neuropathies, including symmetric polyneuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, mononeuropathies, polyradiculopathies and some less common syndromes. This session will provide an overview of the presentation, diagnosis and treatment of these issues.
1. Educate patients and their families about the most common neurologic complications of diabetes, polyneuropathy.
2. Describe a basic neurologic exam.
3. Describe the range of diabetic neuropathies.
4. Identify treatment goals and therapies for diabetic neuropathies.
5. Educate patients with diabetes about preventing diabetic neuropathy. •
6. Identify one change you can make in your clinical or community health practice to improve care for people with diabetes. •
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.