2022 Catalog: All Courses
DE0321: IHS Monthly EDR Series: Maximizing Utilization of the DXE Appointment Book Features & Lists [recorded webinar]
Maximum utilization of the scheduling features and lists in Dentrix Enterprise [DXE] is fundamental to ensuring ideal communication of patient scheduling needs and proper appointment decision support for the dental team. In this session, Renee’ Gilbert provides an in-depth review of the key tools to utilize within the DXE Appointment Book to achieve optimal dental clinic scheduling outcomes.
1. Highlight key Appointment Book setup features that promote easy scheduling processes.
• Clinic, provider and operatory hours
• Appointment Book Views
• Flip Tabs
• Appointment Break Reasons
• Decision Support tools for scheduling –
i. Global Alerts [supports a wide range of potential decision support messaging options]
ii. Procedure time
iii. Provider time patterns
2. Effective scheduling starts and ends with generating appointments through the More Information scheduling workflow by reviewing patient financial and clinical readiness through the More Information window:
• Summary of patient information, appointments, treatment plans
• Create, edit and review Treatment Requests
• Initiate new appointment scheduling from nearly any window in Dentrix Enterprise
3. How to use the Scheduling Assistant and Treatment Request Manager to identify appointment needs
• Managing appointments through break, wait/will call, ASAP/OPEN/FIXED
• With the appropriate workflows in place, the Scheduling Assistant will generate a number of different lists with patients of varying appointment needs
• Incorporation of the Treatment Request Manager provides opportunity for documentation, review, approval, scheduling and completion of appointment requests
4. Additional Features & Tools:
• Scheduling notes and internal communication tools
i. Appointment Book Note for items/tasks to be completed that day
ii. Appointment Notes to document needs or specific concerns for the scheduled visit
• Insurance Eligibility icon
• Late Tracker
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Define the purpose for using the More Information window to start the appointment scheduling process
2. Identify 2 key setup needs to support efficient navigation of the DXE Appointment Book
3. Identify 2 tools to generate a list of patients with appointment scheduling needs
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
The IHS Division of Oral Health is an accredited sponsor of continuing education under the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the IHS at IHS CDE Coordinator or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at CCEPR.ada.org
Participants should be end users of the IHS Electronic Dental Record.
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.