2022 Catalog: All Courses
DE0638: We Smile: MID Style Learning Session - Data, Community and Culture, Work Planning, and Quality Improvement [PORTLAND AREA ONLY, In-Person]
The purpose of this learning session is for select dental program to learn more about working in a collaborative focused on Minimally Invasive Dentistry [MID].
• 8:30 Welcome, Agenda Review, Housekeeping Ticey Mason, Sarah Borgida
• 8:40 Welcome back to Connecting in Person David Cournoyer, All
• 9:30 Data for Days [Months!] Alia Katabi, Dr. Sean Kelly
• 10:30 Break
• 10:45 Community and Culture, Keys to Success Shelley Means, Seattle
Indian Health Board
• 12:00 Lunch and Connecting
• 12:45 Work Planning We Smile Team, Clinic Teams
o Review Driver Diagram, Infographic – Gallery Walk, Brainstorming
o Use data to set goals and objectives
o Identify key activities, timeline, opportunities, challenges
• 2:15 Break and Snack
• 2:30 Work Plan Presentations Clinic Teams
o Clinics share for 5 min each
• 3:15 Quality Improvement and PDSAs Drs. Kelly, Lieberman, Davis
o Discussion, ideas, next steps for teams/programs
• 3:45 Process Check
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Build Community
2. Learn the role culture, relationship, and community play in a successful [dental] team, and how to apply the lessons
3. Develop work plans with measurable objectives to help achieve the goals and objectives of the collaborative
It is the policy of the Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, that faculty/planners disclose any financial or other relationships with commercial companies whose products may be discussed in the educational activity. The Indian Health Service, Division of Oral Health, also requires that faculty disclose any unlabeled or investigative use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Images that have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes are prohibited.
None of the faculty/planners for this activity has a conflict of interest, and there is no use of unlabeled or investigative pharmaceutical products or medical devices. No images have been falsified or manipulated to misrepresent treatment outcomes.The educational objectives, content, and selection of educational methods and instructors are conducted independent of any commercial entity.
Must be Portland Area staff
Please Make Checks Payable to: Indian Health Service.
Tuition must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of any course. Request for refunds must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course begins. For each refund request, there will be an administrative charge of $100. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to attend a course. If IHS CDE program cancels a course, then 100% of the tuition will be refunded.