The Division of Planning, Evaluation, and Research
The Division of Planning, Evaluation, and Research (DPER):
- Coordinates agency strategic planning and aligns these efforts with performance reporting, budgeting, and program integrity activities;
- Leads health planning efforts including support of Area master plans, facilities and staff plans, and collaboration with Area and Tribal Planning Officers;
- Provides guidance on program evaluation to health programs with a focus on systems and performance improvement;
- Supports the use of data and evidence in health system improvement and management decision-making;
- Identifies and supports the evaluation of novel strategies leading to accessible, effective, and culturally appropriate care; and
- Supports health research nationally, including human subject research protections and research related to health problems and the delivery of care to American Indian and Alaska Native people.