The IHS partners with the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC), a Federal advisory committee that coordinates all efforts within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) concerning autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The IACC includes both Federal and public members to ensure that a wide range of ideas and perspectives are represented and discussed in a public forum. The committee reconvened in November 2015 to begin a new session under the Autism CARES Act.
The IACC mission is to:
- Provide advice to the Secretary of Health and Human Services regarding Federal activities related to autism spectrum disorder.
- Facilitate the exchange of information on and coordination of ASD activities among the member agencies and organizations.
- Increase public understanding of the member agencies' activities, programs, policies, and research by providing a public forum for discussions related to ASD research and services.
- Transition Aged Youth on the Autism Spectrum — 3-part webinar from HHS's the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) Office of the National Autism Coordinator (ONAC) and the National Institute of Mental Health's Office of Autism Research Coordination (OARC)
Virtual Autism Training
The Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence is hosting the following upcoming virtual training opportunities, all accessible to the public:
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder - 4/6/2021
- Screening and Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder - 4/20/2021
- After an Autism Spectrum Diagnosis: Next Steps - 5/4/2021
- Applied Behavior Analysis for Autism Spectrum Disorder - 5/18/2021
- Supports for Transition-Aged Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder - 6/1/2021
For more information, including a full calendar of webinars, visit the Telebehavioral Health Upcoming Webinars page.