IHS Autism Roundtable
2021 Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable
The Indian Health Service hosted the third annual Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable in observance of World Autism Awareness Day, April 2, 2021.
Various agencies shared their autism spectrum disorder (ASD) policies and how each aims to maximize the quality of life of those with ASD. Federal officials and Autism Speaks also discussed recent collaborations, important resources for those with ASD, the impact of COVID-19 on services, and held a Q&A session.
Providers, Health Care Staff, Health Organizations, Tribal Leaders, Educators, Community Members, and family members are encouraged to watch the Roundable recording.
Watch the 2021 Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable recording.
Read the 2021 Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable Agenda [PDF - 327 KB]
See Autism Speaks 2021 Speaker Bios [PDF - 141 KB]
Download the following 2021 roundtable presentations:
- 2021 Autism Awareness Interagency Rountable Fireside Chat [PDF -158 KB]
- Autism Speaks: Pamela Dixon 2021 Presentation [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- Autism Speaks: Arun Karpur 2021 Presentation [PDF - 437 KB]
- Autism Speaks: Andrew Nelson 2021 Presentation [PDF - 1.6 MB]
Resouces from Autism Speaks
- A Parent's Guide to Autism – free download
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) information and resources
- Family Services Overview
- Information by Topic – a general page for a wide variety of tools and resources
- Is it Autism and If So, What Next? A Guide for Adults – free download
- Resources for Adults
- Resources for School Age Children
- Resources for Young Children
- Ways You Can Help
Per CDC recommendations, the Interagency Roundtable was not held in 2020.
The Indian Health Service hosted the second annual Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable on April 2, 2019. Professionals from Autism Speaks and federal agencies discussed how they are working to address the needs of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder and important resources to provide each person with autism an opportunity to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
Download the following 2019 roundtable presentations:
- Autism Speaks: 2019 Presentation 1 [PDF - 2.5 MB]
- Autism Speaks: 2019 Presentation 2 [PDF - 5.5 MB]
- Autism Speaks: Living Life [PDF - 682 KB]
- 2019 Autism Awareness Interagency Rountable Fireside Chat-Federal Panel [PDF -147 KB]
- 2019 Agenda: Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable [PDF - 97 KB]
In conjunction with the eleventh annual World Autism Awareness Day, April 2, 2018, the Indian Health Service hosted the Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable, a joint-agency event with partners across the agency and department. This was an exciting opportunity to raise awareness and showcase how each of our respective agencies are addressing autism spectrum disorders. Autism Speaks representatives described key themes related to autism spectrum disorder, family resources, public health issues, research, and health disparities in the United States and abroad. Federal representatives shared agency resources, collaborations, and activities related to autism.
Watch the AdobeConnect 2018 Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable recording.
Download the following roundtable presentations:
- Autism Speaks: 2018 IHS Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable [PDF - 1.8 MB]
- ATN/AIR-P Autism Network [PDF - 1.2MB]
- Autism Speaks [PDF - 2.5 MB]
- 2018 Autism Awareness Interagency Roundtable Fireside Chat-Federal Panel [PDF -199 KB]